Region West Africa
Position Type Fixed Term
Job Family Property & Logistics
Closing date for applications
(UK Time) 2 March 2011
Contract Type: Fixed Term (2 Years)
* Tasks are usually routine but will require the use of initiative and/or basic planning.
* Responsible for proper use of equipment by others with due regard to health and safety standards and guidelines.
* Responsible for supervising one staff member.
* Required to gather information and give information to supervisors, managers and occasionally external contacts.
* Impact is wider than just own team or process – potential impact on programme countrywide
* Contributes to improvements in systems and processes.
* Manages people, assets, budgets, projects or processes.
* Calling for quotations as per Oxfam GB Liberia’s and donor requirements.
* Negotiating prices with suppliers.
* Preparation of paperwork required for procurements.
* Ensure that materials purchased meet the organisations specifications.
* Maintaining up to date price lists of regularly purchased materials
* Advising managers on Procurement and procurement related matters
* Maintain up to date supplier data in the Helios system.
* Take lead in qualifying suppliers, who provide goods and services to Oxfam.
* Sending Purchase Orders to Suppliers and ensure that goods ordered are as per specifications.
* Process paperwork for payments and ensure that suppliers are paid promptly.
* Maintain accurate and up to date price lists for items purchased regularly.
* Assist the organisation in assessing and qualifying suppliers.
* Providing a
* Post holder will liaise closely with programme managers and keep them briefed on the status of supplies required for their programme.
* Post holder will liaise closely and systematically with the
* Post holder will provide support and oversight to the partner procurement Officers with regards to contracts and the procurement of goods and services.
* Regularly appraise managers of progress on procurements.
* Good general level of education including numeracy and
* Track record similar capacity.
* Excellent negotiating skill Able to work independently using own initiative.
* Good interpersonal and team working skills.
* Good knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
* Knowledge in the use of computer databases.
Click here to apply for this job